How to change directory in cmd or command prompt in Windows?
Use cd Command to change directory in Windows
Examples of cd Command:
Suppose you want to go to the document folder in your computer.
First, you need to open Command Prompt or CMD in your Computer.
Type: cd documents
Suppose you want to go to the Music folder in your computer
Type: cd music
You can even move to a specific folder and copy its path and paste it to command prompt:: cd path
The simple way to scan your disks in any version of Windows is to use GUI.
How to use Chkdsk command to scan for your disks?
1. Open This PC or My Computer Icon in your Computer or Window+e shortcut.
2. You will see all your drives in your computer.
3. Then select the disk you want and right click then Properties
4. Click on Tools Tab and select CHECK.
5. This will start Chkdsk and it will scan your disk and if there is something wrong it will fix
To repair errors and scan for bad sectors Using CMD,
volume: /r and press Enter
Eg: If you want to Scan and repair errors in Volume C::: chkdsk C: /r
If you want to Scan and repair errors in Volume D::: chkdsk D: /r
To reset netsh winsock on windows use below command
netsh winsock reset command
How to use netsh winsock?
1. Open command prompt by pressing Window+r then type cmd then hit enter
2. Paste netsh winsock reset command and then hit enter.
3. Restart the computer to complete the network reset.
If you have Windows network connectivity issues with software like email clients or web browsers mostly these problems are due to corrupt network configuration, The command will reset network settings to their defaults and fixing your network problems simpler.
If you want to reset your IP settings use netsh int ip reset Command
How to open command prompt / CMD in windows 10 ,8,8.1,7,xp Simply
- Press Window+R in your keyboard.
- type cmd the hit enter and then you have opened CMD as Administrator in Windows.
Command Prompt Windows